Roasted Veg Soup
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
250g Carrots peeled and chopped
250g Sweet Potatoes or Butternut Squash peeled and chopped
250g Parsnips peeled and chopped
1 ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
1 ½ tsp Crushed Dried Chilli
2 ½ tsp GoldSpice
3 tbsp Olive Oil
150g Red Onion chopped
150g Celery trimmed and chopped
1 large Leek cleaned, trimmed and chopped
½ small Bunch of Coriander
100g Chorizo (optional for non veggies) finely diced and fried in a dry non stick pan
Sea salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190c/170c fan. Put the carrots, sweet potatoes and parsnips in a baking tray. Add all the spices less one teaspoon of GoldSpice, salt and pepper and two tablespoons of the oil and shake the tray so all the veg are coated in oil. Cook in the centre of the oven, checking occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil and butter in a large pan, add the onions and cook on a low heat until translucent- about 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and leek to the onions. Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the vegetables don’t burn.
- Add 1.5 litres of hot water, the roast vegetables, salt and pepper and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little, then whizz in a blender.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining GoldSpice, chopped coriander and chorizo.
Courtesy of @francesca_lucantoni
Tag us in your creations! @goldspicebyronbay